Sunday, May 20, 2012

Opening the Door to God

[Excerpt by Joan Warden in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

As I sat outside by the patio table the other day enjoying the beautiful autumn weather, I thought I heard a rustling noise on the other side of the gate near the front porch. A few seconds later, the doorbell rang confirming that my hearing was still functioning. But rather than hopping up and announcing to a stranger that somebody was home, I sat there quietly waiting for this uninvited person to leave, as I just did not want to be bothered.

Perhaps, this same scenario happens with a lot of people throughout their lives – only substitute the word “stranger” with “God.” If He appeared from out of the blue and knocked on your door, would you open it? Or would you not want to be bothered?

Now don’t get me wrong, God wouldn’t actually come and knock on your front door; rather, the door that He does knock on is the one to your heart. In fact, He’s anxiously doing it, so that you may open it and let Him enter.

If you feel uncomfortable because you don’t know God, the following is a bit of information about Him that may cause you to have a change of heart.

God is Love and this means that God is everything that is good and pure and lovely. He is the only one who is supreme and all powerful and loving and....

No comments:

Post a Comment