Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Benefits of Group Prayer

[Excerpt by Al Fike in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

I have been a participant in prayer and healing circles for almost four decades and this form of prayer is deeply embedded in my spiritual culture. It is my church, except it is more than a church. It is a fellowship of souls supporting each other on their spiritual journey to God. This fellowship has brought so many blessings to my life I could not list them all here. Together we have communed with the Heavenly Father and His Angels in such powerful ways that without this consistent gathering, I think I would have been lost to the Divine Path many times over. It has been my rock and my solace and, in many ways, it has taught me about the art and science of prayer as well as how to be a channel for God’s Love.

The power of a harmonious and like-minded group engaged in prayer for Divine Love is enormous. The spiritual conditions (energy) created in such a group allow for a clearer and closer channel to God. The intensity of the Love and the power of the healing and peace generated through these collective prayers is at times mind blowing. There are occasions when we have come away from our circle in a very high and joyful state that has lasted for days.

We are also blessed with gifted souls, who are used to convey messages and teachings from our Angel friends, which encourage and enlighten. The Love that flows when our teachers come through to speak to us is palpable in its ability to lift us closer to the Creator. We are encouraged and nurtured on many levels and I thank God daily to have these....

Pink roses in a flower shop | Public Domain pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment