Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Visit

[Excerpt by Ian Nicol in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Greatest Gift]

The strangest thing happened to me while I lived in England, the experience changed me and my destiny, the year was 1982. At that time I was a rebellious young man, tired of lies and trickery that derived from people who knowingly mistreated other people for their own selfish gain.

Anyway, one of these power mongers had really done some bad things to me and my friends. He seemed to have absolutely no respect for others, thinking only of himself and his ambitions. I really despised him for what he had done and could not get it out of my system. I dreamt about him nearly every night for a couple of weeks, taking my revenge out on him through my dreams. I became obsessed by it and thought that I was justified. I also believed that it was me who must stop him from hurting and tricking others. I did not want him to do these things against anyone else, in a way; I did it to reveal to him what he had done, so that he might stop himself.

Several months went by, and then we met again. He saw me and came over to me, not the egomaniac that I knew, but a very humiliated man who asked my forgiveness, and within a moment my anger turned to pity. And after seeing this broken man, who reached out his hand to mine, I forgave him on the spot and he seemed relieved. It made me happy to see that he had realised his wrongdoings and done something about it, which appeared to have changed him for the better. I heard later that he had been demoted from his top job. After that, we were both free from....

Sunset over Lake Superior in Northern Michigan by locoiguana

No comments:

Post a Comment