Monday, March 19, 2012

The Unfolding Nature of God

[Excerpt by Dan Bowman in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

It is interesting what silence can do for the soul, as this past weekend I paddled the Mt. Fork River and wilderness and camped alone. The weather was perfect with light winds, balmy temperatures in the 60s to 70s, and rain free.

The usual chatter in my brain was gone as I felt like a child with eyes wide open witnessing the unfolding of nature and God. My times of prayer were intense as I stood under the pines with arms stretched to the heavens calling out to my God of Love. It was a time of joy. Everything came together so perfectly.

Yesterday morning during breakfast, I asked God a question about Jesus’ immortal words; “Seek ye first the kingdom and all else will be added unto you.” I spent several hours writing, as black birds cawed and woodpeckers hammered trees, while I sat on pine straw and golden leaves. The weekend was most illuminating for me as a spiritual retreat of the....

Lake And Trees by John Kovacich

No comments:

Post a Comment