Thursday, March 15, 2012

Following the Will of God

[Excerpt by Joan Warden in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

What does it mean follow the Will of God? And, further, if we do, how will our lives change? Will we have to give up any of our favorite things if we take this giant leap of faith?

Well, all of the above questions never crossed my mind when I first committed myself to God, our Heavenly Father, over 14 years ago. I simply knew in my heart and soul that I loved Him dearly and I wanted and needed Him to be with me. When I told Him, “I will follow you,” I meant every word of it. When this happened, I didn’t know Him on such a personal level like the way it is today, but I was aware that He was leading me. This was a time of personal upheaval, and it was out with the old and in with the new - arising to the next spiritual level is the best way to describe it. Many wonderful blessings, both spiritual and material, were given to me and there is no doubt that our Father is in my house.

Two years ago, I re-committed myself to Him, and this was the start of the spiritual closeness we now have and enjoy and we’re communicating all the time. He will tell me specifically what He wants me to do and, of course, it is my humblest honor and privilege to do as He....

Coral Reef by Petr Kratochvil

No comments:

Post a Comment