Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Filling the Void

[Excerpt by Dr. Michael Nedbal in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

I was busy studying for my graduate exam when my mother passed away. I received the call at 3:00 a.m. and was in shock and disbelief. I always felt that I had a strong spiritual connection with my mother and that I would instinctively know when something happened. But I didn’t know – not until the call. Not only was I in despair, but my belief system was shaken.

The passing of a loved one resets your priorities to the things that really matter. For the first time in my life, I realized that I didn’t have the answers to many important questions. I had been on autopilot, living from day to day not thinking about the big picture. I had been sleepwalking. But now, work was secondary and my first priority was trying to fill this void in my life and in my heart.

I tried dating, going to parties, and attending various churches and Bible studies. But the void didn’t go away – it became worse. I felt a million miles away from God and despite having friends and family, I felt as though I was in a vacuum. I tried to get answers from the churches, but they were more interested in fellowship than seeking the Truths….

Weeping Willow Beside Pond by David Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment