Friday, March 23, 2012

Ask and You Shall Receive

[Excerpt by Jill Lloyd in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

Many years ago when I was in my very early twenties I felt troubled; I was experimenting with drugs and alcohol. I became aware of a deep longing to experience the fullness of life that Jesus had spoken about.

I had a vision of two doors: one that lead to negativity and destruction; and the other to a positive fulfilling life. I knew I had to make a choice right then and there. There was no turning back. I started right away to make changes. I read and studied all the spiritual material that I could find. After two years, nothing seemed to come of it. I began to feel very discouraged. I started to think my old lifestyle was better.

Before I went to sleep I prayed, “If there is a God, please give me a sign that I am on the right track, as I am about to abandon it altogether.” (I was....

Asilomar Beach by Jon Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment