Friday, February 3, 2012

With Every Prayer, I Wish You Love!

[Excerpt by Ruth Duvall in Divine Love for the Soul - God’s Gift of Love]

In my forties, I started taking my spiritual life more seriously and began seeking God. I went from church to church, always with my “check list.” It seemed they would have a few good points, but something was always missing. It was around 1997, that I started writing poetry. It was a rough time in my life. I remember starting out writing my poem, “Someone to Hold You,” when suddenly I heard a voice and I began to write down the words I was hearing. It was coming so fast I yelled, “Slow down, I can’t write that fast!” I realized there was no one there and asked myself, who are you talking to? Well, this is how it all started.

I remember, I was feeling very lonely and wanted someone to love “me.” I was in my office and praying. Suddenly, I was “taken away” again, and I saw the very same man I did as a child, along with two others I did not know. Well, I now instantly perceived who this man was, it was Jesus. He called me to him and started talking to me about love. He told me that there was another love I knew not of. He told me how we humans think that our love is the greatest love we can feel. As an example, a young girl might think she loves her guy “so much” and she could never live without him, or we “love” our children so much.

He proceeded to tell me about “God’s Love.” He said there is....

Glory by Lydia Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment