Thursday, February 16, 2012

Loving God is So Easy

[Excerpt by Joan Warden in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

When I learned the truth about who and what God is and that in order to live with Him in Heaven, I must pray for His Divine Love, then I began praying every night. It wasn’t too long before I felt a jolt come into the area of my heart and, frankly, it startled me.

“What is this?” I asked myself. “Is it God’s Divine Love?”

Indeed, it was and for many years thereafter, His wonderful love warms my heart and soul each and every time I receive it. But I was not so very close to Him in the sense that I considered Him to be my Father. I just knew He was far off in His Heavens and He was with me whenever I prayed to Him for whatever I thought I needed at the time.

A few years ago, though, when I was going through this bout of sadness that wouldn’t leave me, I decided that when I prayed to God, I would send to Him all the love that was in my heart and soul. This was a new effort on my part and not really expecting anything in return, well, was I ever in for a delightful surprise. Not only was my sadness lifted, but God returned to me immediately His wonderful Love with an intensity I will....

Amber Waves by Doug Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment