Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Enchanted Place

[Excerpt by Ian Nicol in Divine Love for the Soul - God's Gift of Love]

One day, I decided to go for a ride on my bicycle. It was a lovely sunny day; the birds were singing beautifully; there was nothing that called for my immediate attention, so, “Why not?” I thought.

I loved to cycle up and down the steep winding slopes of the rugged Norwegian landscape. I decided to take the same route as I usually did, and so I set off totally unaware of the strange event that would happen to me, so strange, that to this day I have no real explanation as to what really happened, or why! Here we go.

Well, everything went as normal. The tour lasted for about an hour, and I was about two minutes away from my house, then to the left of me, my eye caught the attention of some tall trees I had never seen before. They were all standing in a row, on both sides of a small dirt road. I recognised the road, but not the trees.

Just as I was puzzling about where did these trees come from, all on its own, my bike did a really smooth left swing into this road. I remembered it was as if something took over the bike and....

Image by Dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment