Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homecoming, My Story

[Excerpt by Rev. Carolyn R. Stokes in Divine Love for the Soul - God’s Gift of Love]

One winter day, I was traveling alone, through the park, on my way home from parochial school. I decided to take a detour to the ice skating ring. Oh, I may have forgotten to mention, I was also a tomboy. No, I didn’t have ice skates and my older brother had warned me that if I fell on the ice, I would knock all my teeth out. That didn’t stop me from using my school satchel as a toboggan by running and sliding on my stomach, across the ice. By the time, I got cold enough to stop; it had started snowing, again. As I was approaching the cresting of pilled snow, on the edge of the ring, I saw my Aunt Corrine. She was dressed in a flowing light blue dress and medium blue mantle on her shoulder that went down and covered up her feet. Her hair was in a long page boy style. She looked tall, radiant and calm. I didn’t stop to consider why she didn’t have a coat on because it was cold. I just felt an overwhelming sense of peace. I wasn’t cold anymore.

She looked at me and told me she had a message for me to give to my mother. She said she was fine and for my mom not to worry. Everything would be okay. Then she was....

Flowers frost ice dew winter by Jon Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment