Saturday, January 14, 2012

God’s Love Carried Me Through the Storms

[Excerpt by Kathryn Deutschmann in Divine Love for the Soul – God’s Gift of Love]

Looking back on my life and reflecting on how very fortunate I am, even through all of the storms; I have always had God with me and had faith in Him and His love. These storms took on many appearances, such as issues with health, family, finances and loss - some were short in duration, while others seemed to never quit and left an aftermath of clean-up.

My first memory of knowing my belief in God was at four years of age. I was brought up Catholic and have some very fond memories of spending time with the Nuns of our Parish and listening to their wonderful stories about God and His Love for us.

At 16 years old, I was introduced to a book, True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, which our neighbors gave to my Mother to read. Once I started reading it, I could not put it down. I will always remember the feeling of suddenly “knowing” that I found the truth – the narrow pathway….

Autumn Trees And Threatening Clouds by David Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment