Thursday, December 1, 2011

How to Pray for Divine Love

[Excerpt by Al Fike in Divine Love for the Soul - God’s Gift of Love]

I like to sit in a comfortable chair with my back straight and eyes closed. I often will play soft contemplative music in the background.  This seems to help clear my mind of whatever stray thoughts are kicking around in there.  I begin with a simple prayer for my soul to open to the inflowing of God's Love. I ask for the cloak of protection from all spirits and influence that are not Celestial.  I will pray for help, healing and protection for myself and my family and loved ones.  I may pray for them individually, or as a group.  I may ask for guidance on a particular challenge that I may be facing, or I will sit quietly and try to empty my mind of irrelevant thoughts. 

I will often experience a sense of profound peace. Our teachers call this "the peace that passes all understanding."  I believe this is the presence of God and the feeling that God's hand is upon me is complete.  I will often feel an opening or expansion of my solar plexus and be aware that God's Love is flowing into me in this area and an overall feeling of expansion and joy accompanies this event.  I don't know how to describe the qualities....

Waterfalls wallpaper by Jon Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment