Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Experience in Coming to the Heavenly Father

[Excerpt by J.R. Melmer in Divine Love for the Soul - God’s Gift of Love]

In the summer of 1977, I was busy publishing my little newspaper, “The New Age Dawn,” and organizing retreats for the new age folks in the area where I then lived, the beautiful province of British Columbia. One day when talking to one of the featured speakers, Dr. Margaret Marsh, she handed me a book entitled “True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus.”

I looked at the book with no small measure of skepticism and disdain and reproached her, “Margaret why are you giving me some book about Christianity, you know how I feel about that crap!” Nonetheless, I took the book home and began reading it. And I was absolutely thrilled and astonished at its content and read the whole volume in one day.

I rushed back to Margaret asking her where she got the book and did she have any more. She was, of course, flabbergasted and said….

Mountain Wildflowers by Andrea Schafthuizen

No comments:

Post a Comment